Monday, January 17, 2011

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of many things..."

Usually, I would come to the end of a semester break and feel guilty about the amount of work I've done (not enough) or feeling drained from doing too much (school work, travel, socializing, family-time). This time, I feel pretty content. I worked but also played, traveled appreciably, but also stayed at home. And, most importantly, I started cooking again. All in all, a well-inaugurated New Year. 


One of the best things I've done so far is to join Boston Organics. What this means is that I no longer have to spend a ton on produce for the week or go to the grocery store anywhere near as often. Basically, this is a CSA-type endeavor. The only difference is that they deliver the food right to your door instead of you having to go and get it yourself, which is a smart and convenient upgrade. So far, I love it. In my box this week I got kale, oranges, apples, potatoes, garlic, beets, turnips, and etc. I made a beet, carrot, rice, and bean soup this week. It was delicious, and I had tons of leftovers to freeze for later. In fact, I may thaw some of that soup because it is bitterly cold tonight, and I expect to be going out later to Foundry on Elm with some friends for a last hurrah before the semester begins in earnest on Thursday. 


Speaking of which, I need to get going. I'll have more later, but before I go I do want to tell you that I've installed a new gadget to the right of the page under the "About" section that will link you directly to my Yelp reviews. This way, when I mention a place that I have already reviewed on Yelp, I don't have to replicate the review on the blog, and it is easy for you, my gentle readers, to check out the information on any of the places I mention (even if I haven't reviewed them myself). So, go ahead, click on it! 


I bid you peace. 





No comments:

Post a Comment