Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Year...

They said that I'd vanished. They said that I'd never come back. They were wrong. So, maybe I got a little carried away with the whole concept of a 'break' from work by buying a Playstation 3 and spending 40 hours playing Dragon Age: Origins. That doesn't make me a bad person, it just indicates the extent to which I was traumatized by last semester.

In fact, as I get closer to my departure date, I am finding myself extremely unwilling to go back. My body and mind are rebelling against the very idea of returning to a place with some of the most awful weather that I have ever experienced, of writing my Masters thesis, of teaching a class, of conferences. I just hate all of it right now, and want to stay here with my college friends, eat good food, and drink good beer.

Ugh. Well, I'll have to go back and face the music again soon...but I have a week yet! I'll close with one of my favorite phrases in German.

Was tun, wenn's brennt? Brennen lassen! (what to do in case of fire? Let it burn!)



No comments:

Post a Comment